- Wash hands frequently with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- People who are sick with an influenza-like illness (ILI) (fever plus at least cough or sore throat and possibly other symptoms like runny nose, body aches, headaches, chills, fatigue, vomiting and diarrhea) should stay home and keep away from others as much as possible, including avoiding travel, for at least 24 hours after fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. (Fever should be gone without the use of fever-reducing medicine).
- Avoid close contact (i.e. being within about 6 feet) with persons with ILI.
H1N1 Flu - Swine Flu - Pig Flu
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Apart from H1N1 face masks or swine flu respirators, here are some additional flu prevention tips that you can practise:-